Cowboys to Castles Heritage Tour
This journey will begin on Pueblo’s historic and beautifully preserved Union Avenue through South Pueblo to the rural site of the Charles Goodnight Barn. This famous cattle baron was the originator of the iconic chuck wagon and famous American cattle drives (1860s), along with his partner Oliver Loving. Arrive in Westcliffe located in a mountain valley at the foot of 23 awe-inspiring peaks; where high-valley cattle ranching is still a way of life. Proceed to Beckwith Ranch, established in 1874. Depart for Music Meadows Ranch, still a working ranch and enjoy lunch in the original chink-and-log barn. Along the way, view the many cattle ranches in the wide-open spaces at the foot of the Sangre De Cristo Mountain Range. Depart for Bishop Castle, a medieval wonder in the 21st Century. Continue on the Byway through San Isabel National Forrest, Rye, and Colorado City on the return to Pueblo. View wildflowers, meadows, wildlife and old homesteads.
Tour Information and Policies
- Tour season is from May through September
- Tours Depart from Colorado Springs or Pueblo
- Bus capacity is from 25 to 49 passengers
- Buses depart from your hotel as early as 8:00 a.m.
- and return to your hotel by approximately 5:00 p.m.
- Half-day tours are approximately four to five hours.
- Pick up and drop-off sites can vary as specified in tour planning
- Trips include lunch, on-board guide, tips, taxes, and fees
- Trips provide American-West cultural experiences, breathtaking scenery, exciting and memorable activities
Reservations must be made no less than two months before the scheduled tour. After your reservation is complete you will receive confirmation, after which, a bus-reservation deposit is required with the balance due no less than two weeks before the tour.
For one-day tours, individual must cancel a reservation 14 or more days prior to the departure date to receive a refund. Any one-day tour cancelation will be assessed a $5 per person administrative fee.
Reservations for groups of 20 or more persons and for individuals who are members of a group reservation must be cancelled thirty days or more prior to the tour date for an 80% refund.